Joint MBA/MSHI Degree Master of Business Administration + Master of Science in Health Informatics
一道本不卡免费高清The Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) dual degree program is designed for health care professionals and people in management-level careers that want to apply health informatics skills and business knowledge in a health care setting.
Jacksonville University offers a dual degree program in which qualified students may obtain both a Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. This innovative program allows cross-crediting of coursework.
一道本不卡免费高清Jacksonville University’s program offers broad exposure to advanced-level health care applied analytical skills and core business knowledge. Students enrolled in the MSHI/MBA dual degree program complete graduate level core courses in business and the required analytical courses. Graduates are awarded a Master of Science in Health Informatics and a Master in Business Administration. The degree is a dual degree and will be conferred at the completion of both programs.
Students who choose the MSHI/MBA dual degree program will be required to apply to and be admitted into both the MSHI and MBA programs. They will be required to complete 30 credits in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences and 27 credits in the Davis College of Business Graduate Programs in addition any foundation courses required. Because the MSHI curriculum includes crossover graduate courses and the MBA has an elective option, the cross crediting of coursework reduces the total courses required by four (4) classes (12 credits) while still including all the health care informatics skills and the broad knowledge necessary in the business world.
一道本不卡免费高清Admission into the MBA/MSHI program is conducted on a rolling basis. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission;
- Completed Online Application
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- All education obtained outside of the U.S. will require a course by course evaluation with grade point average calculation from a NACES member
- GRE or GMAT score
- Students graduating with a degree in business from an AACSB accredited business school who hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- Student's holding a master's or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution are exempt from this requirement.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Essay summarizing your background, goals, and interests in attending JU.
- Students whose first language is not English, must also take the TOEFL Examination
Foundation Course Prerequisites
These courses are required for candidates who do not have a bachelor's degree in business or who lack basic knowledge in the following disciplines:
- ACCT 509, Essentials/Fundamentals of Accounting (3)
- DSIM 509, Essentials/Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods (3)
- ECON 509, Essentials/Fundamentals of Economics (3)
- FIN 509, Essentials/Fundamentals of Finance (3)
Health Informatics Program Requirements
Students who do not have a medical background will be required to take a two-credit hour MSHI 201 Medical Terminology and Healthcare Essentials course prior to completing their third course in the program.
- MSHI 500 - Advanced Health Informatics I (3)
- MSHI 501 - Advanced Coding and Classification (3)
- MSHI 503 - Advanced CyberSecurity (3)
- MSHI 504 - Advanced Systems Analysis (3)
- MSHI 505 - Advanced Health Informatics II Advanced Health Informatics II (3)
- MSHI 506 - Advanced HealthCare Database Management (3)
- MSHI 524 - Epidemiology and Evidenced-Based Health Informatics (3)
- MSHI 525 - Key Standards in the Health Care Industry (3)
- MSHI 526 - Legal and Social Issues in Health Informatics (3)
- MSHI 527 - Research Work Project Experience (3), or
- MSHI 590 - Internship I (3)
TOTAL MSHI CREDIT HOURS: 30
MBA Program Requirements
- ACCT 522 - Accounting for Managerial Control (3)
- DSIM 535 - Quantitative Methods for Decision-Making (3)
- DSIM 577 - Managing Production and Service Operations (3)
- ECON 520 - Economics of High Performance (3)
- FIN 534 - Optimizing Financial Performance (3)
- INB 555 - Competing in the Global Economy (3)
- MGT 545 - Global Corporate Strategy and Policy (3)
- MGT 548 - Leading People and Organizations (3)
- MKG 540 - Strategic Marketing in a Digital Economy (3)
TOTAL MBA CREDIT HOURS: 27
TOTAL DEGREE CREDIT HOURS: 57
For more information regarding tuition, please visit Student Financial Services. Please note that tuition may increase each academic year.
一道本不卡免费高清To learn more, contact Daniel Beulah or Courtney Penna.
一道本不卡免费高清Graduate Interdisciplinary Online Academic Advisor