Joint MBA/MSSM Degree Master of Business Administration + Master of Science in Sport Management
The Master of Science in Sport Management (MSSM) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) dual degree is designed for sport management professionals and people in management-level careers who want to work in the sports industry and have the broad knowledge of an MBA.
一道本不卡免费高清Jacksonville University offers a dual degree program in which qualified students may obtain both a Master of Science in Sport Management (MSSM) and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. This innovative program allows cross -crediting of coursework.
The MSSM/MBA dual degree offers broad exposure to advanced-level sports focused skills and core business knowledge; students enrolled in the program complete graduate level core courses in business and the required sports management courses so less courses are required than when taken separately. Graduates are awarded a Master of Science in Sport Management and Master in Business Administration.
一道本不卡免费高清Students who choose the MSSM/MBA dual degree program will be required to apply to and be admitted into both the MSSM and MBA programs. They will be required to complete 24 credits in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences and 30 credits in the Davis College of Business Graduate Programs in addition any foundation courses required. Because the MSSM curriculum includes crossover graduate courses and the MBA has an elective option, the cross crediting of coursework reduces the total courses required by four (4) classes (15 credits) while still including all the sport management specialized skills and the broad knowledge necessary in the business world.
Admission is conducted on a rolling basis. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission;
- Completed Online Application
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- All education obtained outside of the U.S. will require a course by course evaluation with grade point average calculation from a NACES member www.naces.org
- GRE or GMAT score
- Students graduating with a degree in business from an AACSB accredited business school who hold a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or higher are exempt from this requirement.
- Student's holding a master's or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution are exempt from this requirement.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Essay summarizing your background, goals, and interests in attending JU.
- Students whose first language is not English, must also take the TOEFL Examination
Foundation Course Prerequisites
一道本不卡免费高清These courses are required for candidates who do not have a bachelor's degree in business or who lack basic knowledge in the following disciplines:
- ACCT 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Accounting (3)
- DSIM 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Quantitative Methods (3)
- ECON 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Economics (3)
- FIN 509 - Essentials/Fundamentals of Finance (3)
Sport Management Program Requirements (24 Credits)
- SPT 503 - Marketing Analysis (3)
- SPT 510 - Sport Revenue Strategy (3)
- SPT 520 - Sport Law & Ethics (3)
- SPT 530 - Sport Economic & Financial Analysis (3)
- SPT 540 - Sport Sponsorship (3)
- SPT 550 - Sport Analytics (3)
- SPT 560 - Sport Event & Facility Management (3)
- SPT 570 - Sport Management Capstone (3)
MBA Program Requirements (30 Credits)
- ACCT 522 - Accounting for Managerial Control (3)
- DSIM 518 - Competing Through Innovation & Information Technology (3)
- DSIM 535 - Quantitative Methods for Decision-Making (3)
- DSIM 577 - Managing Production and Service Operations (3)
- ECON 520 - Economics of High Performance (3)
- FIN 534 - Optimizing Financial Performance (3)
- INB 555 - Competing in the Global Economy (3)
- MGT 545 - Global Corporate Strategy and Policy (3)
- MGT 548 - Leading People and Organizations (3)
- MKG 540 - Strategic Marketing in a Digital Economy (3)
Electives (3+ Credits)
Choose one course (3+ credit hours) from any of the following areas. This elective is designed to expand the application of sports knowledge in a business scenario that advances the student's career goals.
- Sports Management (SPT)
- Management (MGT)
- Finance (FIN)
- Marketing (MKG)
- Accounting (ACCT)
- Decision Science and Information Management (DSIM)