Accommodations for Healthcare Science Majors
Our primary goal is to provide the necessary support to any student with a disability and/or medical condition in removing barriers that could impact their academic success.
With that in mind, the College of Healthcare Sciences has partnered with the Disability Support Services Office to provide healthcare-focused support for any student in their College.
In order to receive accommodations, a student must go through the DSS registration process initially and then renew/request an updated letter every term.
How to Register
- Provide documentation about your medical condition and/or disability to the Director of the Disability Support Services.
- This documentation cannot be any older than 3 years and must provide relevant information on the connection between the condition and the accommodations requested.
- The medical provider can choose between a typed letter (on their letterhead) explaining the student’s condition and how it may impact the student academically, as well as the suggested accommodations or support needed; or use one of our forms.
- Once all the documentation has been received, an appointment will be set to discuss the accommodations requested and to finalize the registration process.
- The Director of Disability Support Services will provide the student with accommodation letter(s) for the requested term and it is the student’s responsibility to provide the letters to his/her professors and have a conversation about the accommodations and how/when/if they’ll be needing/using them.
How to Renew Your Registration
In order to renew/request accommodations, the student is required to complete and submit the “Accommodation Request form” every term.
- Download and complete the Accommodation Request form, available on our website. Once it's complete, send it to us.
- Once the request is received, please allow 2-3 business days for the letters to be created and to be notified via email that they are ready to be picked up.