Dean Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Jacksonville University, a private university founded in 1934 that combines the advantages of the liberal arts with the benefits of a comprehensive university welcomes applications for its next Dean of the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences.
Reporting to the Provost/Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs一道本不卡免费高清, the Dean will bring exceptional leadership skills and a depth of experience in academic administration, programming and fundraising. The candidate must develop a strong and innovative vision for the future of the College regarding forthcoming academic program development and have a keen sense of the healthcare industry workforce needs; a history of creating robust interdisciplinary and community partnerships; and energy and enthusiasm for promoting the work of the college. In this important role, the Dean will build on existing success, providing internal leadership in the attainment of the strategic goals of the Brooks College and the University.
The Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences prepares students to join a workforce community of healthcare professionals who provide exemplary service and care to a diverse population of individuals. Our faculty and staff are innovative, creative and engaged in advancing the knowledge and skills to improve the delivery of health and human services. The Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences contains the highly regarded Keigwin School of Nursing, a growing School of Applied Health Sciences, and a School of Orthodontics.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- An earned doctorate in a healthcare related discipline and a record of university teaching, service, and scholarly activity appropriate to the rank of full professor in a department of the college
- Commitment to providing strong leadership on campus and in the community in order to promote the University and College’s mission, vision and goals
- Dynamic leadership qualities, including the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with the healthcare community and affiliated clinical sites
- Experience coordinating, facilitating, and overseeing quality control within a variety of health-related academic programs
- Leadership for developing and promoting the College’s strategic planning and goal attainment
- Dedication to supervising and mentoring Associate Deans and leaders within the College
- An ability to evaluate overall department, program, or school productivity in teaching excellence scholarship, and service responsibilities
- An ability to advocate for and advising the Provost on college academic and operational needs, policies, procedures, and budgetary requirements
- An ability and willingness to utilize connections to the community to increase gifts, endowment, and other significant revenue sources
- An ability to encourage faculty research and the pursuit of opportunities to obtain grants and contracts
- Successful academic administrative experience including the management of official and personnel resources, recruitment, evaluation, and retention of well qualified faculty and staff, academic program evaluation and review, and programs for student advisement, recruitment, and retention.
- A strong commitment to the importance of maintaining an on-going assessment process and a thorough understanding of the accreditation process of academic healthcare programs
- A commitment to shared faculty governance, collaborative and consultative processes, and consensus building
- Honesty, integrity and a sense of ethics
- An ability to communicate and interact effectively within a culturally diverse campus community
The Dean of the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences Search Committee will begin reviewing applications in September and will continue until the appointment is made with an anticipated July 1, 2020, position start date.
To assure full consideration, applications should be completed by September 15, 2019, accompanied with a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and five (5) professional references with email and telephone numbers (references will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant). Application and materials should be sent electronically to Dr. Mary Gipson, Chair of the Dean Search Committee for Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences, at BRCHSDean@genomicsdigitallab.com.
This is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Jacksonville University actively seeks applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace and the academic experience. EOE