Department Chair of Engineering
Associate Professor of Engineering & Department Chair
College of Arts & Sciences
Full Time/Exempt (Tenure Track)
The Department of Engineering at Jacksonville University is seeking a Department Chair and Associate Professor. The position is anticipated to be tenured with appropriate credentials. The position is a 12-month appointment that involves administrative duties, working with the engineering advisory board, soliciting sponsored projects from industry to engage students in design and research, and teaching courses in engineering, including senior design.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Ph.D. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field
Minimum Work Experience
- Qualifications commensurate with tenure appointment at the Associate Professor level.
Candidates must have a track record of:
- Excellence as an educator in project- and design-based undergraduate engineering programs,
- Engaging undergraduate students in research,
- Attracting external funding,
- Soliciting and advising sponsored senior design projects
- Leadership in an engineering program, especially in continuous improvement via course assessments and ABET accreditation, and
- Excellence in service in academia and to the profession.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Applicants should send curriculum vitae, transcripts, three letters of recommendation, teaching and research statements, evidence of teaching effectiveness and a Faculty Employment Application. Materials may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Chair of Engineering Search Committee
2800 University Blvd. N.
一道本不卡免费高清 Jacksonville, FL 32211
For full consideration, please submit all materials by October 15, 2019.