Student Responsibilities Information for J-1 Students
一道本不卡免费高清Duration of status (D/S) means the International student is “in status” throughout the academic program, is pursuing a full time course of study, and making satisfactory academic progress. It also means assuming other responsibilities taken when signing the visa application. International students are responsible for:
- Providing copies of the passport, visa, I-94, and DS-2019 to the International Affairs Office upon arrival and copies of passports and visas.
- Reporting all changes of address and phone number to the University (Registrar) and the International Affairs Office within 10 days of a move.
- Keeping the passport valid six months into the future.
- Requesting an Extension of Stay in the United States before permission expires (you need to apply up to 30 days in advance).
- Maintaining full-time enrollment for the equivalent of every academic semesters per calendar year, (12 hours undergraduate and 6 hours graduate per semester equivalent).
- To follow international student employment eligibility regulations as stated on the International Student Employment Regulation Form.
- Obtain appropriate permission for on-campus or off-campus employment including credit or non-credit Academic Training in advance.
- Assuring all documents are in order 2 weeks before leaving the United States; re-entry documents must be executed every time the student leaves the United States.
- Completing Internal Revenue Service Form 1040 NR and/or 8843 every year whether or not money, including scholarships and/or interest on checking and/or savings accounts, was earned in the United States.
- Registration is scheduled prior to the beginning of each term on dates specified in the academic calendar. At the time of registration, each student must pay in full the total charges for the semester or session to validate his or her registration. Charges include: Residence Hall, Meal Plan, Health Insurance, Student Support Fee, and special fees; i.e., laboratory, music, flight, etc. Failure to pay all fees will consider you to be out of status, and force you to return home.
The preceding list is not all-inclusive.