Master of Arts in Mathematics
一道本不卡免费高清This program is no longer accepting applications.
The Department of Mathematics at Jacksonville University enjoys a long-standing reputation as a leader in modern curriculum planning, development, and implementation as recommended by the .
一道本不卡免费高清Our Master of Arts in Mathematics (MA) graduates are experienced, knowledgeable, and uniquely qualified to enter many diverse fields. They include school and college mathematics instructors inspiring students to engage in meaningful learning, analysts and financial professionals developing innovative industry solutions, and mathematics education Ph.D. candidates.
一道本不卡免费高清The Jacksonville University MA in Mathematics community consists of a close-knit group of students and faculty. Our students enjoy small classes and a program that emphasizes problem solving, collaboration and creative use of technology. Our faculty has a broad-spectrum of research interests including mathematics education, applied mathematics, and theoretical mathematics. Graduate courses are generally offered in the late afternoon (3:45 – 5:00 PM) or early evening (5:15 – 6:30 PM) to accommodate student work schedules.
一道本不卡免费高清There are two tracks in the MA in Mathematics Program.
- Thesis option: Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate coursework and successfully defend a thesis. Coursework must include at least 24 credit hours in graduate Mathematics taken at Jacksonville University; up to six (6) credit hours of graduate credit in a related field earned at Jacksonville University or another regionally accredited institution may be applied towards the degree.
- Non-thesis option: Students must complete a minimum of 36 credit hours of graduate work including six (6) graduate credit hours from outside the Department of Mathematics.
See the JU Academic Catalog for graduate course descriptions and detailed degree requirements.
Prospective students must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better and must demonstrate adequate understanding of basic differential and integral calculus - have successfully completed two college semesters of calculus (Calculus I & Calculus II). An undergraduate degree in mathematics is not necessary for admission to the MA in Mathematics program; however, all applicants' academic background must be accepted adequate preparation by the Advisor to the MA in Mathematics Program.
一道本不卡免费高清A complete application consists of:
- A completed graduate admission application form including receipt of official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- An interview with Program Advisor, Dr. Mike Nancarrow (firstname.lastname@example.org) may be required
Visit Graduate Admissions to begin your application. Admission to graduate study is granted on an individual basis and students are able to begin coursework in any term. Note: international applicants must meet all Jacksonville University international student admissions criteria – including English proficiency – as outlined in the JU Academic Catalog.
- Dr. Mike Nancarrow, Professor and Chair, Department of Mathematics (email@example.com)