Master of Science in Nursing
The Master of Science in Nursing Program prepares students for advanced leadership roles in nursing.
一道本不卡免费高清The goal of the MSN program is to educate nurses who can demonstrate knowledge and behaviors of advanced preparation. Each graduate will demonstrate critical thinking and decision-making skills in evaluating the health and illness of selected populations. Graduates will formulate more comprehensive concepts and principles related to nursing education and patient care management. The MSN graduate program in nursing also prepares students to continue study at the doctoral level.
一道本不卡免费高清Jacksonville University offers several concentrations and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) specialty tracks, including:
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) ‡
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) ‡
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) ‡
MSN cohorts are designed for students who are working nurses looking for a delivery model and pace to allow their educational plans to fit in with a busy professional life. These cohorts are often taught at local hospitals, and with a closed class that moves through together from start to finish, thus providing a consistent and encouraging support system of classmates for the duration of the degree.
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing
- Clinical Nurse Educator‡
- Leadership in Healthcare Systems‡
- Nursing Informatics‡
‡ These majors are also available as a post graduate certificate一道本不卡免费高清 for students who have already completed their MSN degree or doctorate and are interested in pursuing additional education in an alternate specialization area.
Dual Degree Programs
Post Graduate Certificate Programs
The following post graduate certificates are for students who have already completed their MSN degree or doctorate and are interested in pursuing additional education in an alternate specialization area.
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Clinical Nurse Educator
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- Nursing Informatics
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PHMHNP)
一道本不卡免费高清Upon completion of the Master of Science in Nursing Program, the graduate will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge from a variety of disciplines to support and improve nursing practice in diverse healthcare settings.
- Communicate, collaborate, and consult with interdisciplinary teams to deliver and/or coordinate direct and/or indirect care for populations to promote health and improve healthcare outcomes.
- Utilize ethical principles and critical decision-making skills to function as a leader and advocate within healthcare systems.
- Influence the systems level as a nurse leader in advocating regulatory, legislative, and public policy development in private and public arenas to promote positive health outcomes and preserve healthy communities.
- Design nursing strategies to solve clinical problems and improving patient care through the integration of knowledge from practice, theory and research.
- Appraise theories and conceptual frameworks from nursing and related disciplines as a foundation for implementing change in nursing and applies research outcomes within practice.
- Use leadership skills to assess, plan, and deliver evidence-based preventative care to populations and advocate for system-wide culturally appropriate care.
- Lead organizational systems in construction and evaluation of health care outcomes utilizing appropriate resources while providing for safe and quality patient care.
- Compose a plan for professional development and lifelong learning that will continue to advance the level of nursing knowledge.
- Apply health information technologies to increase health literacy and enhance the direct and indirect care of patients.