Engineering Physics Major
一道本不卡免费高清This option is intended for students who wish to teach physics or engineering and/or work in fields related to engineering and physics that do not require a complete set of advanced engineering or physics training such as engineering technologist, lab technician, and sustainability.
Major Requirements* (59+ credits)
|EE/100/ME 100 or PHYS 101||Engineering Orientation or Freshmen Physics Seminar||2 or 1|
|PHYS 151||General Physics: Mechanics with Lab||4|
|PHYS 152||General Physics: Electricity & Magnetism with Lab||4|
|PHYS 410WS||Senior Physics Seminar||1|
AND any two (2) of
一道本不卡免费高清Computational Research Methods in Physics
一道本不卡免费高清Experimental Research Methods in Physics
Theoretical Research Methods in Physics
AND any one (1) of
一道本不卡免费高清Senior Project (two semesters)
Senior Design I
Senior Design II
MSC 111 & MSC 112
一道本不卡免费高清AND any one (1) of
一道本不卡免费高清General Chemistry I
Introduction to Oceanography and Introduction to Oceanography Laboratory
|MATH 140||Calculus I||4|
|MATH 141||Calculus II||4|
|MATH 300||Calculus III||4|
|MATH 331||Differential Equations||3|
|MATH xxx||One (1) MATH elective course chosen from: MATH 315, MATH 316, MATH 320, MATH 351, MATH 354, MATH 411, MATH 412, or MATH 423||3|
|ME 230WS||Technical Communication||3|
|PHYS xxx||Additional minimum 6 credit hours of PHYS courses numbered 200 or above.||6+|
|XXX xxx||Two (2) ME or EE courses numbered between 199 and 299||6+|
|XXX xxx||Two (2) ME or EE courses numbered above 300||6+|
Physics and Engineering Physics majors should work with their faculty academic advisor to make a degree plan during their first semester of enrollment and update this plan each semester. When making a Physics or Engineering Physics degree plan, please keep in mind the following course frequencies.
- PHYS 101: Freshman Physics Seminar is generally offered every fall semester.
- PHYS 151: General Physics I (Mechanics) & PHYS 152: General Physics II (Electricity & Magnetism) are generally offered every fall and spring semester.
- PHYS 25XRI: Research Methods (Computational, Experimental or Theoretical) is offered every spring semester.
- PHYS 305: Classical Mechanics is offered fall semesters of even-numbered years.
- PHYS 306: Statistical Mechanics is offered fall semesters of odd-numbered years.
- PHYS 310: Electromagnetic Theory I is offered fall semesters of even-numbered years.
- PHYS 311: Electromagnetic Theory II is offered spring semesters of odd-numbered years.
- PHYS 332: Junior Lab is offered per demand.
- PHYS 413: Quantum Mechanics I is offered fall semesters of odd-numbered years.
- PHYS 414: Quantum Mechanics II is offered spring semesters of even-numbered years.
- PHYS 410WS is generally offered every spring semester.
* These requirements for an Engineering Physics Major is effective 2019-2020 academic year. For previous requirements, please refer to the previous Academic Catalog一道本不卡免费高清.