一道本不卡免费高清This option is intended for students who wish to pursue graduate study in physics, conduct research in physics, and/or teach physics.
Major Requirements* (60-62 credits)
|PHYS 101||Freshman Physics Seminar||1|
|PHYS 151||General Physics: Mechanics||4|
|PHYS 152||General Physics: Electricity & Magnetism||4|
|PHYS 305||Classical Mechanics||3|
|PHYS 306||Statistical Mechanics||3|
|PHYS 310||Electromagnetic Theory I||3|
|PHYS 311||Electromagnetic Theory II||3|
|PHYS 332||Junior Lab||1|
|PHYS 410WS||Senior Physics Seminar||1|
|PHYS 413||Quantum Mechanics I||3|
|PHYS 414||Quantum Mechanics II||3|
AND any two (2) of
一道本不卡免费高清Computational Research Methods in Physics
一道本不卡免费高清Experimental Research Methods in Physics
一道本不卡免费高清Theoretical Research Methods in Physics
AND two semesters of
一道本不卡免费高清MSC 111 & MSC 112
AND any one (1) of
General Chemistry I
一道本不卡免费高清Introduction to Oceanography and Introduction to Oceanography Laboratory
|MATH 140||Calculus I||4|
|MATH 141||Calculus II||4|
|MATH 300||Calculus III||4|
|MATH 331||Differential Equations||3|
|MATH xxx||One (1) MATH elective course chosen from: MATH 315, MATH 316, MATH 320, MATH 351, MATH 354, MATH 411, MATH 412, or MATH 423||3|
|ME 230WS||Technical Communication|| |
Physics and Engineering Physics majors should work with their faculty academic advisor to make a degree plan during their first semester of enrollment and update this plan each semester. When making a Physics or Engineering Physics degree plan, please keep in mind the following course frequencies.
- PHYS 101: Freshman Physics Seminar is generally offered every fall semester.
- PHYS 151: General Physics I (Mechanics) & PHYS 152: General Physics II (Electricity & Magnetism) are generally offered every fall and spring semester.
- PHYS 25XRI: Research Methods (Computational, Experimental or Theoretical) is offered every spring semester.
- PHYS 305: Classical Mechanics is offered fall semesters of even-numbered years.
- PHYS 306: Statistical Mechanics is offered fall semesters of odd-numbered years.
- PHYS 310: Electromagnetic Theory I is offered fall semesters of even-numbered years.
- PHYS 311: Electromagnetic Theory II is offered spring semesters of odd-numbered years.
- PHYS 332: Junior Lab is offered per demand.
- PHYS 413: Quantum Mechanics I is offered fall semesters of odd-numbered years.
- PHYS 414: Quantum Mechanics II is offered spring semesters of even-numbered years.
- PHYS 410WS is generally offered every spring semester.
* These requirements for a Physics Major is effective 2019-2020 academic year. For previous requirements, please refer to the previous Academic Catalog.