5-Year Master in Elementary Education Program
一道本不卡免费高清The School of Education offers a State Approved Five Year Program for students to graduate with both the Master in Education and Bachelors in Science. This program prepares students to teach in the State of Florida and other states. Students receive both degrees upon successful completion of the program.
Teacher Education candidates complete a Program of Study closely aligned with the State of Florida Statute for Teacher Certification (Statute 6A.5006). Students in the Elementary Education Concentration, upon completion of the Program of Study are endorsed to teach Reading and ESOL.
Students must apply to the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE) for their teacher certification at . A certification gained after graduating from a State Approved Teacher Education Program in the State of Florida holds reciprocity with 44 other states in the U.S. Upon graduation of the School of Education State Approved Teacher Education Program, official Jacksonville University transcripts provides notation of State Approved completion status.
一道本不卡免费高清The School of Education maintains a 100% pass rate on all FTCE Exams.
Jacksonville University, School of Education maintains a 100% pass rate for all State Approved Teacher Education Program candidates on all Florida Teacher Certification Examinations.
一道本不卡免费高清All students must apply to the Five Year Teacher Education Program during the first year in Education courses:
- GPA 2.5 or above
- Fingerprinting and successful background check
- * Pass on the General Knowledge FTCE Exam
- Submit SOE 5 Year Teacher Education Program Application
Requirements for application to the Graduate (fifth-year) program:
- Must be a JU student.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 and/or a score of 1000 on the GRE
- Pass on the Subject Area and Professional Educators FTCE Exams. Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) documentation must be on file in the School of Education office at time of application.
- Passed all Program required classes with a 'C' or higher.
- Submit Student Teaching Application
- Submit Fifth Year Teacher Education Program Application and references
一道本不卡免费高清Requirements for the State-Approved Teacher Education Program are as follows:
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- If the GPA drops below a 2.50, the student is placed on academic probation for one semester. Failure to fulfill the required GPA after one (1) semester probation will result in loss of candidacy in the State Approved Program.
- Students must be in good standing with Jacksonville University
- Students receive both degrees (B.S./M.Ed.) at the successful completion of the M.Ed. coursework.
- Students must pass all state and program related examinations.
Each semester, every student has a field placement as part of their education class. The student begins with observations and builds over time to full-time student teaching in the final year. Field placements require the student to organize their class schedule with the schedule of the teacher they are placed with. Field placements are a wonderful opportunity to work in a wide range of settings with a variety of students. All field experiences are off campus at K-12 schools in Duval County.
Background Check Requirements
Participation in field experiences, which occur in public educational settings in Duval County and are required throughout the Teacher Preparation Program, necessitate finger printing and successful background clearance. The cost of the fingerprinting varies usually between $80-$90 and must be paid before the fingerprint appointment. Fingerprinting is the responsibility of the student. Field experiences will not be offered to students failing background and/or fingerprinting clearance.
一道本不卡免费高清The preceding Program of Study (POS) is required for Elementary Education majors. **The POS consists of 152 hours, which includes 3 hours of required electives. Any deviation from this plan may lead to additional semesters at Jacksonville University. Transfer students and students changing majors must meet with an Education Faculty Advisor to develop a Program of Study prior to registration for Education courses.
一道本不卡免费高清All courses with a prefix of EDU or ELE must have a grade of “C” or better. The School of Education does not grant + or – grades. All courses designated with an asterisk (*) must have a grade of C- or better.
The State-Approved Elementary Education Teaching Program prepares students in the Teacher Education major for certified positions as elementary education teachers in public and private school settings, grades K-6.